*TRIGGER WARNING: DIET TALK*
There is a therapy pool where I work and usually at the time I go there is no-one else in there. Unfortunately last night one of the nurses was in there. She has one of those perfect Playboy model bodies with big breasts and enough but not too much in the booty, and a flat stomach. There was no way I was putting my 300 pounds in a swimsuit and getting in there with her! Even though I didn't have appropriate shoes, I went and used the elliptical instead.
You know what, People? During this period of semi-starvation due to having no money, I HAVE GAINED WEIGHT! To the tune of fucking ten pounds. It may be because when I'm actually able to eat I scarf up everything I can because I'm so hungry. This is how bodies were designed--to store fat for lean times. STARVATION DOES NOT FUCKING WORK! STARVATION WILL MAKE YOU FAT! Or fatter, in my case.
I am looking for some good shoes for exercising that are easy to slip on and off. My forgetful brain tends to forget to bring athletic shoes when I go to work so it would be nice to already have them on my feet. But since I work night shift and have foot problems, it would be nice if I could slip them on and off easily. Does such a beast exist? Or is this one of those pipe dreams, like diet food that tastes good, or winning the lottery?

I can't recommend a brand of shoes, but I can give you a cheap, useful tip for getting shoes on more easily: a shoe horn. Seriously, when I had hip surgery and wasn't allowed to bend over, I wore running shoes that either attached with velcro or were just slip-ons (I think the slip-ons were Sketchers) and used a shoe horn. Worked like a charm.
ReplyDeleteGood luck. I really hope you'll soon be able to afford decent food. And you're right about starving: it doesn't work.
My late dad swore by a shoe horn. I think the velcro closure shoes would be a good idea. I had some before and I liked them. Regular slip-ons that aren't a clog style don't tend to work well for me because I have a very high instep. I bought a great pair of slip-ons a while back--well, they would have been great, except for the fact that my Mount Everest of an instep kept me from getting my foot into them!
ReplyDeleteWhich is the problem with buying shoes online--you can't try them on first. But I've liked the shoes I get from Foot Smart, so I chance it!
ReplyDelete