Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Don't Prance Around in My Swimsuit













This week's writing prompt asks:
 Summer is here and it’s time to hit the water…will you be jumping in with the kids? How do you feel about prancing around in your swimsuit?


Well...
First of all, I do not prance around. Not in any item of clothing--or nude either. But I have a particular aversion to prancing around in a swimsuit, especially since one of the obnoxious Nutra System wenches crowed about how much she loved "prancing around in my bikini."
Gag.

Second, Since this society believes that women are supposed to all look like the ones pictured above, do you think that I, as a large woman, might have just a tiny bit of an aversion to being seen in a swimsuit of any kind, let alone a bikini? Well...yeah. Because even if I'm minding my own business, there are plenty of douchebags and douchettes who will believe it is their right to make some sort of nasty comment about my body. Which will make me feel bad about myself, so I will be unable to enjoy myself. Which is why the only time I get into a swimsuit is when I am going to be working out at the therapy pool late in the evening, ALONE! 

Why is it that people aren't ragging on the assholes who are making other people feel bad instead of defending them. "Well, if you weren't so fat, you wouldn't have this problem." Yeah. Fuck you all.

So no, I will not be "prancing around in my bikini, rockin' my bangin' bod." And if I am ever able to invent an anti-douchebag bomb, the population will suddenly be drastically reduced. But the remaining population will be a lot happier!

Oh and by the way, even if I did have a "smokin' hot bod," I would still be uncomfortable having douchebags making lewd comments about it. When I was young (19) and slim and maybe kind of cute, I pretty well hid in my apartment all summer because every time I walked down the street, some jackass would see the need to cat-call me or whistle at me. I had been sexually assaulted a year before, which made being sexualized that way stomach-turning as well as offensive. One jerk even had the nerve to whistle at me as if he were calling a dog! He did it several times, then when I continued to ignore him, he shouted "at least look at me!"

I whipped around and snarled "I am not your goddamn dog, you jackass! And no, I do not want to look at you!" 
Fortunately, I had reached my apartment building and hurried inside.

Whether it is saying mean things about people whose appearance you do not find attractive or making lewd comments at those whose appearance you do find attractive, it is invasive and offensive. These are the jerks we should ALL be making feel uncomfortable for their sickening actions. Not people of whatever size, who are just trying to mind their own business.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not at all interested in prancing in my swimsuit for the benefit of others and what I wear clearly reflects that.

    However I'd love to feel less self-conscious but that will take another year or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I onely prantz NAKED for JESUS!!!!
    PANSI!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful commentary is welcome. If you are simply a douchebag who wants to spew about how ugly and/or lazy you think fat people are, go drown your worthless ass in a vat of fry grease. Likewise, if you have been brainwashed by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR diet/weight loss industry and want to preach about what a godsend whatever program your on is, please do so on your own blog. I do not appreciate religious proselytizing, and I do not like proselytizing for The Church of Thinness either. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.