Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Boss of my Briefs


This style may be fine for some

But when I'm expecting this, I'm pretty irritated to get the one above

Ragen had a post about underpants, which inspired this:


The tacking on two bucks for plus sizes really gets my hackles up. Seriously, it can't cost that much more in materials to make larger sizes. Also, speaking of underpants, I don't know about anyone else but I hate those bikini underpants with a passion. Maybe its because I had a c section (21 years ago, but the area still feels strange when something touches it--like bikini underpants!) At any rate I try to avoid these things but then freaking Wal Mart puts them in a package and calls them "modern briefs." I get them home and there's nothing either modern or briefish about them--they're the same old freaking bikini underpants! Could they not call a spade a spade and save me the grief of seeing the word brief and thinking these will be comfortable skivvies?

And now, another thing. Why, why, why is it so hard to find photos of plus size models wearing plus size clothing? It doesn't give me an idea of what the clothes will look like on ME if some skinny gal is modeling them. It also sends the message that we will sell you clothes to put on your fat ass, but your kind is still disgusting and should not be seen in public.

4 comments:

  1. I've never been able to wear bikini panties, even when I was thinner. I've always had a roll of belly fat under my waistline that rolls right over the top of bikini panties and is uncomfortable (and those same bikini panties always roll down in the back, they don't stay on my butt like they should). So I never buy them, and I don't like briefs. For some reason, they seem to think that all fat women have huge stomachs, like they're 6 months pregnant or more, which means the waistband of the panties hits me way above my waist (or, if I put the waistband at my waistline, then I have a bunch of loose fabric between waist and crotch, not comfortable either).
    So far, the only ones I've been able to find that fit really well are the hi-cuts - the waist hits just right, the legs fit perfectly, they don't ride up or bunch up (at least the ones from Just My Size fit that way, I haven't had the nerve to try any other brands yet). And at 3 pair for $11.97, they aren't outrageously expensive either (that's at Wal-Mart, which is the only place I've found them so far, can't order them online anymore, JMS doesn't carry them now). And WM carries them in an abundance of colors/prints in the stretch satin and the microfiber. The stretch satin ones wear like iron, I have ones that are 5 years old and I'm just now having to toss them (elastic is worn, waistband and leg seams are coming undone), which is not bad, for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the Just My Size ones at my Wal Mart. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough. The standard "Granny Panty" has always worked well for me--which is what I thought I was getting when I got these "modern briefs." Bah!
    Good bras are always super expensive too. I've been lucky in that I have a fairly modest endowment (between a B and C cup) because I can get away with a cheaper bra. I know the hell that women who are more endowed than me in that department go through finding a really good bra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was luck to find decent bras at a decent price but "good" panties are almost impossible to find. Another thing I hate is when underwear/bikini producers seem to assume that every woman has a tiny landscape or none at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're all expected to have our business shaved like a porn star these days, or worse yet, get a Brazilian. No thanks! No way someone with hot wax is coming anywhere near my bits!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful commentary is welcome. If you are simply a douchebag who wants to spew about how ugly and/or lazy you think fat people are, go drown your worthless ass in a vat of fry grease. Likewise, if you have been brainwashed by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR diet/weight loss industry and want to preach about what a godsend whatever program your on is, please do so on your own blog. I do not appreciate religious proselytizing, and I do not like proselytizing for The Church of Thinness either. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.