Thursday, January 27, 2011

You're Middle Aged: No More Fun For Your Fat Ass

Vesta of Fierce Fatties wrote about an article she found which basically says that once you're middle aged you should only drink water and eat vegetables and lean meat and then kill everyone around you before killing yourself. Okay, it doesn't directly SAY anything about killing, and I don't know about you, but if all I could ever eat is vegetables and lean meat, I would be killin'!

Here's what I had to say:
So basically, unless you are one of those people with a metabolism like a blast furnace, you should either kill yourself when you hit middle age or live as a miserable bastard because you can't enjoy anything any more. I like the veggies, people, but if all I eat is veggies, I am ravenously hungry an hour later. I'll admit to having  a sweet tooth and I'm trying to cut back a bit but if you were to tell me I could never in my life have chocolate again, heads would roll!
I read an article today which was actually a good article but the horrible, hate-filled comments at the end made me feel so bad. (You can link to the article through the post at Jen In Canada's website.)
I don't actually think that weight is all about disordered eating, there are many factors as to why a person weighs what they weigh. But let's just say for the example that all heavy people are binge eaters (again, not all are) and all skinny people are anorexic (not all are.) These same people who say "those disgusting fatties should just put down the fork, get off their ass and get some exercise and then they wouldn't be fat pigs" would probably never say about an anorexic that "that skinny bitch/bastard should just pick up a fork and shove some food in their mouth and stay away from the gym." More people die from anorexia at younger ages than from obesity. Yet there is no "OMGDEATHSKINNIEZ!" panic.
I'm middle aged, and for as long as I can still eat, I will have a piece of cake on my birthday!
You can visit the Chubsters too if you need cheering up.



2 comments:

  1. Dunno. I feel a lot healthier ever since I gained some weight and everyone else who did admits to it as well when asked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually feel healthier at 270 pounds than I did when I starved myself down to 108. At 108, my mind was in a constant fog and I was always, always, always hungry. I was also extremely moody.
    The aches and pains I have now are consistent with age and always having had physical jobs. I am at more risk for developing arthritis in my knees and ankles due to carrying extra weight, but I'm at less risk for osteoporosis. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful commentary is welcome. If you are simply a douchebag who wants to spew about how ugly and/or lazy you think fat people are, go drown your worthless ass in a vat of fry grease. Likewise, if you have been brainwashed by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR diet/weight loss industry and want to preach about what a godsend whatever program your on is, please do so on your own blog. I do not appreciate religious proselytizing, and I do not like proselytizing for The Church of Thinness either. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.