I couldn't resist including this "jealous cows" cartoon
Atchka discussed how there is a certain segment of the Fat Acceptance/Size Acceptance movement who have a tendency to shame women with a slender physique. This is, no doubt, a response to having been shamed for having a large physique. But turning the tables does nothing to help promote fat acceptance, in fact it only makes us larger folk appear to be the "jealous cows" that all the douchetards out there would like to believe we are.
I have always felt that shaming of any body type is wrong. While I am concerned about the fact that idealizing an extremely thin body type, i.e. in the modeling industry, causes body hate for those who don't look like that (which is most of us) I have never hated those people who are naturally thin. Envied, yes. Hated, no. As well, I certainly don't hate people with anorexia, but it is a disease with terrible consequences, up to and including death at a young age.
The key is health at EVERY size, not the foolish belief that beauty only comes in one size.

Hate someone for their weight? Never. But I have to say that ultra thin rich chicks frustrate me, though I understand why they do it.
ReplyDelete