I wish I could be one of those folks that dance and run marathons. Sadly, my body has a lot of glitches. I have sciatica and fibromyalgia. My brain also has a lot of glitches. I have bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. I struggle with hoarding. Sometimes just getting out of bed is a struggle. I live with suicide ideation every day of my life, which is by no means a bowl of cherries. I live in a place that does not even have running water. I am alone most of the time now that my son has moved out--which I encouraged him to do. To top it all off, I have a degree of urinary incontinence which I am ashamed to even tell the doctor about. But one thing I am not is lazy, although since I'm fat, no-one will ever believe that.
My thoughts about the stigma of being a big person in a thinness-obsessed society and about health at every size and my ongoing struggle with disordered eating and low self-esteem.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Laying It On the Line
A response to this post.
Labels:
challenges,
chronic pain,
mental illness,
my life,
self-hate
2 comments:
Thoughtful commentary is welcome. If you are simply a douchebag who wants to spew about how ugly and/or lazy you think fat people are, go drown your worthless ass in a vat of fry grease. Likewise, if you have been brainwashed by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR diet/weight loss industry and want to preach about what a godsend whatever program your on is, please do so on your own blog. I do not appreciate religious proselytizing, and I do not like proselytizing for The Church of Thinness either. Thanks!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A good heart is more important to me than a perfect body/mind. I'm sure many others feel the same.
ReplyDeleteI had one person lecture me about how not having running water is a health code hazard and needs to be fixed immediately. Well, fuck me, Girlfriend, give me the money and I guess it will be fixed! Since the money has not yet dropped from the sky, I guess it will have to wait. I am the only one that is being endangered by this violation, so I don't suppose it really matters all that much.
ReplyDelete