This is a response to a post on Ashley's blog. I'm not attacking Ashley because I like her, but I despise the idea that there is an "ideal" body type. I am also not placing a link to Ashley's blog because I don't want the jackwagon who has been trolling me to troll her.
Pursuit of this ridiculous and impossible "Ideal" has kept me in a state of self-loathing for the majority of my life. I'm pretty long in the tooth at this point. It's time to stop giving a shit about ideals.
I know I will be attacked for this (or I would be if I allowed comments) but I don't think there should be an "ideal" body type. You have a body? It works? Good!
I started sticking my finger down my throat when I was 13 because I developed hips and could no longer wear size 9 little boys' jeans. I was bulimic until I got pregnant when I was 24. I am somewhat tall (5'6 1/2") and have a large bone structure. There is no way I am supposed to be waifish. Yet I tried desperately to become so.
At this point I have a body more like Beth Ditto. I am nearly 50 years old. I am not going to ruin my health by forcing myself to puke. I wish I was as beautiful and sassy as Beth, but I'm too god damn tired. So, ya gets what ya gets!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughtful commentary is welcome. If you are simply a douchebag who wants to spew about how ugly and/or lazy you think fat people are, go drown your worthless ass in a vat of fry grease. Likewise, if you have been brainwashed by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR diet/weight loss industry and want to preach about what a godsend whatever program your on is, please do so on your own blog. I do not appreciate religious proselytizing, and I do not like proselytizing for The Church of Thinness either. Thanks!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.