Sunday, May 29, 2011

Starved

WARNING: EATING DISORDER TRIGGERS!!!!!!
I starved myself today. Having extended family in town has triggered some real negativity. I found myself feeling ashamed to have them see how fat I am. I have tried so hard to accept myself as I am. But I really have not come very far at all.
Urgh! I saw pictures of myself during my graduation from nursing school at the beginning of May, and now some extended relatives that I haven't seen in a long time are visiting, and it really triggered me, by which I mean it triggered depression and disordered eating as well as a lot of self hate and that whole tape library of "look at yourself, you disgusting, ugly pig, you've really let yourself go. Well, don't be surprised if everyone tells you you need to lose weight for your health!" So on and so forth. It's really sad and disgusting.


Visit the Fat Nutritionist's post about coming to terms with her own short, round body image in a world where all bodies are supposed to be tall and thin.
I am very much in need of reinforcing HAES and size acceptance right now.


Oh yeah--having PMS is NOT HELPING ONE SINGLE GOD DAMN BIT EITHER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful commentary is welcome. If you are simply a douchebag who wants to spew about how ugly and/or lazy you think fat people are, go drown your worthless ass in a vat of fry grease. Likewise, if you have been brainwashed by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR diet/weight loss industry and want to preach about what a godsend whatever program your on is, please do so on your own blog. I do not appreciate religious proselytizing, and I do not like proselytizing for The Church of Thinness either. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.