I have bipolar disorder and on good days I pretty well accept my body although there's always a part of me that says "you might be kind of cute if you were 100 pounds thinner." On bad days the internal abuse starts. "You're so disgusting and ugly and lazy, you fat cow. No wonder no man has ever wanted to stay with you. Now that you're old and mentally sick you're even uglier than ever with your disgusting fat ass." Blah blah blah. What horrible messages the internal self has been taught for as long as I can remember!
I remember Bob Schwartz too. I still like his message better than the "you can get thin if only you give up this nutrient or that nutrient or JUST HAVE MORE WON'T POWER, YOU FAT, LAZY SLOB!"
Sigh...
I hear you. I'm battling with a similar thinking about another area. Sigh...
ReplyDelete