Saturday, May 21, 2011

If You Heart the Biggest Loser...


Jillian Michaels prepares to berate a new round of victims on The Biggest Loser

Sorry, but if you Heart the Biggest Loser, you're misguided. I stopped following one blogger today because she gushed on about how much she loves The Biggest Loser and how it helps people transform their lives, and it's sooo inspirational.
Gag.
I am trying (not doing very well recently) to have healthier eating habits. It's kind of hard to have healthy eating habits when all you can afford is a loaf of bread and some fucking velveeta cheese and maybe some tomato soup. The problem with the Biggest Loser fans (the only ones I've ever met were skinny...hmm....) is that they would probably tell me how wonderful it is that fat ole me is being forced to lose some weight.
Starvation is not a good way to lose weight. I feel grouchy and depressed. I certainly don't have the energy to exercise when my stomach is grinding against itself. 
I would think that sensible weight loss or better yet sensible health management should include sensible eating. Sure, it's best to give up the fast food or limit it as much as possible but that's not because it's "evil" or even because it's fattening, it's because it tends to be devoid of nutritional value and uses unhealthy additives to make up for the taste that is removed by processing.
I hate McDonald's with a passion on general principles but I have to admit that if someone were to drop five bucks in my hand I would hurry to the Mickey D's drive through right now and buy myself a Big Mac meal and scarf that sucker down! I am probably craving protein.
My bank account is $200 in the hole. I don't have the money to buy food--literally. Luckily there is sometimes leftover food at work, but usually it's slim pickins. There's usually ice cream but I want an actual MEAL! A sandwich, for cryin' out loud! Something with bread and meat and maybe some lettuce and tomato. 
So right now I have no patience for people who think The Biggest Loser is inspirational. It is a hateful load of shit fueled by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR DIE-T INDUSTRY and has absolutely NOTHING to do with health! It is all about conforming to a certain arbitrary standard of physical appearance. Which time has shown tends to be impossible and misery-making to maintain for most people.
I'm not falling into that trap. But right now I'd be happy to fall into a vat of chicken Caesar salad and have to eat my way through it!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the fans you know are those skinny people who think that losing "those last 5 pounds" will finally make them happy.

    I've heard about the show but never watched it, it sounds like one of those "make you feel bad about yourself" shows.

    I'm sorry that things suck so bad right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally a "feel bad about yourself show." What I get more than anything from the slim set who gush about it is a feeling of superiority that they may not even be aware of. "Awww, lookit, they're using tough love to fix the poor fat slobs! Thank God I'm not like (shudder) THEM!"

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful commentary is welcome. If you are simply a douchebag who wants to spew about how ugly and/or lazy you think fat people are, go drown your worthless ass in a vat of fry grease. Likewise, if you have been brainwashed by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR diet/weight loss industry and want to preach about what a godsend whatever program your on is, please do so on your own blog. I do not appreciate religious proselytizing, and I do not like proselytizing for The Church of Thinness either. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.