This disgusting, discriminatory article by an asswipe named Gus Lubin made me cancel my subscription to Business Insider real quick. Of course it contained the obligatory "headless fatty" picture. Need you ask?
Nice, Jackass, real nice. You cannot tell the state of a person's health by looking at their weight. The only thing you can determine is their weight. There are healthy large people and there are unhealthy slim ones. I have Cushing's syndrome and hypothyroidism. I have only missed two days of work in the past 5 years due to health issues. Once I had the Norovirus and was vomiting and had horrible diarrhea. The other time I had severe menstrual cramps. Neither of these is related to my weight.
In working with the elderly since 1988, I have noticed something. The so called "fat" diseases are actually diseases of AGING and strike people of all sizes. I see both fat and slim people with type II diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. The only difference that I have been able to determine is that very slim people are more prone to osteoporosis and spontaneous fractures whereas very large ones tend to develop arthritis in the lower extremities earlier. The arthritis levels out after a while and most people tend to develop it to some degree.
I will be canceling my subscription to Business Insider. Shame, shame, shame on you for this bigoted and derogatory article towards a segment of the population. Who the hell died and made you a doctor anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughtful commentary is welcome. If you are simply a douchebag who wants to spew about how ugly and/or lazy you think fat people are, go drown your worthless ass in a vat of fry grease. Likewise, if you have been brainwashed by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR diet/weight loss industry and want to preach about what a godsend whatever program your on is, please do so on your own blog. I do not appreciate religious proselytizing, and I do not like proselytizing for The Church of Thinness either. Thanks!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.