Monday, October 3, 2011

The dehumanization of fat people


People often think I'm being overly paranoid in my thought, but the societal dehumanization of a given group of people is a slippery slope. This is what was done in Nazi Germany and it allowed for enslavement of an entire race. I fear that unless we as a society are able to teach tolerance the future for people over a certain size is not going to be pleasant. We are already scapegoated and despised.
There are many campaigns to end the hateful stigmatizing of homosexuals, and THIS IS GOOD! But people are still allowed to stigmatize large people with no consequence. In fact the large people are often blamed and told if they would just lose weight they would not have to endure this.
I also love the argument that our size is a choice. Because I would surely choose to become a member of a despised subclass. Yep, I'm just a masochist that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful commentary is welcome. If you are simply a douchebag who wants to spew about how ugly and/or lazy you think fat people are, go drown your worthless ass in a vat of fry grease. Likewise, if you have been brainwashed by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR diet/weight loss industry and want to preach about what a godsend whatever program your on is, please do so on your own blog. I do not appreciate religious proselytizing, and I do not like proselytizing for The Church of Thinness either. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.