A wonderful woman named Jan shared her story about undergoing WLS at Fat Heffalump's blog. I would love to provide the link but I don't want to send trolls to Heffalump. You know, fuck people who can't have common courtesy. And by fuck them I don't mean have sex with them because I wouldn't wish that disgusting experience on their potential partner. I mean fuck them over, maybe in a process that involves a road grader. And then bury them in cement. That ought to be about right.
This was my response to Jan.You sound like a really great person. I struggle with liking myself, let alone loving myself. I can relate to what you said. I wasn't fat as a child, but I was bigger than pretty much everyone in my class. I was reasonably tall and big-boned, not petite at all, and forget about cute. I had ugly, greasy, dishwater-colored hair and when I was in the seventh grade was given that Martian headgear to wear by my sadistic orthodontist. Actually he was a very nice man, but the procedures I went through...ye Gods!
I have not heard anything good about WLS and therefore will not be doing it. I was very strongly considering it as I've hit 300 pounds. I've gained a lot of weight since I went back to working night shift in health care. I know it shouldn't matter, and I love how I find so many people in the size acceptance community who truly like themselves at whatever size and they truly look great, but I've had an eating disorder since I was 13 and a lot of the time when I look at myself (this does NOT apply to other heavy people) all I see is "failure."
I'm glad you shared your story. I think people need to know the TRUTH about WLS, not lies told to them by bariatric surgeons who are profiting from doing these procedures.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughtful commentary is welcome. If you are simply a douchebag who wants to spew about how ugly and/or lazy you think fat people are, go drown your worthless ass in a vat of fry grease. Likewise, if you have been brainwashed by the MULTI BILLION DOLLAR diet/weight loss industry and want to preach about what a godsend whatever program your on is, please do so on your own blog. I do not appreciate religious proselytizing, and I do not like proselytizing for The Church of Thinness either. Thanks!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.